Data Collection and Management
We have a long history of providing our clients in Vietnam with a full range of survey data collection services from one-on-one personal interviewing to cutting-edge, computer-assisted and tablet-based survey methodologies. Using a wide range of data collection tools and systems, our researchers and technicians gather and process information for international donors, government agencies, and corporate firms. We use both standard and state-of-the-art instruments and apply them to meet the unique requirements of every client. Our data collection activities and expertise include the following:
- Field survey and face-to-face interviews: Using a vast, geographically distributed national network of interviewers for field work;
- Telephone surveys: conducting telephone interviews for budget projects;
- Mail surveys: Conducting custom mail surveys for diverse populations;
- Computer assisted interviews: Using and tailoring cutting-edge software to facilitate survey interviews;
- Mixed-mode data collection: Mixing and balancing different methods of collecting data to improve response rates and cost effectiveness for special populations or projects;
- Focus group discussion: Assembling selected groups of individuals to provide in-depth knowledge and data and information evaluation;
- Sensitive topics and behavior: Conducting research on sensitive subject matter such as drug abuse, sexual behaviour and abortion;
- Tracing operation: Customizing and conducting follow-up surveys by tracing hard-to-find interviewees over time.
Proper data management during data collection, processing, and complilation into analytical data sets is essential to the success of any research project. At MarketIntello, data are reviewed early during the data collection period to verify that no anomalies exist. At the end of data collection, survey data are examined for inconsistencies; variables are recoded and labeled and documentation is created.